1 kg (2.2 lb) beef brisket joint
1 x 60g sachet Cooks Choice BBQ Dry Marinade
A little olive or vegetable oil
Your favourite bread roll
- Place the brisket in a bowl and rub a little oil over the surface, this will moisten the outside of the meat and help the marinade to stick.
- Empty the contents of the Cooks Choice BBQ Dry Marinade on to the meat and rub in, covering the entire surface of the meat.
- Cook on the barbecue or in the oven (160°C/325°F/Gas 3). Place the brisket on a wire rack inside a roasting tray and pour the water around the outside. Cover the whole tray with aluminium foil to prevent any moisture escaping. Place in a covered barbecue or oven to cook slowly for 4-6 hours, occasionally checking that the liquid hasn’t evaporated. Add some water if it looks low.
- After 4-6 hours the beef should be soft, tender and flake easily with a fork. Remove from the oven and leave to rest in the aluminium foil for 10 minutes. Reserve any cooking juices.
- After the resting time, remove the brisket from the rack and pull the meat apart. Place the cooking juices in a pan and bring to the boil. Add the shredded brisket to the sauce. Turn the heat off and put the pan to one side.
6. Serve the beef together on your favourite roll and some coleslaw to make the ultimate sandwich.