Drywite Young Fish Frier of the Year: 10 Semi Finalists Revealed
The UK’s best Young Fish Friers have been revealed today as semi-finalists for the Drywite Young Fish Frier of the Year Competition.
Having made it through to this round, the 10 friers will now battle it out to reach the final of the prestigious competition, one of 15 categories in the 2020 National Fish & Chip Awards.
Organised by Seafish, the annual National Fish & Chip Awards recognises true excellence in the fish and chip industry. Following an initial round of judging, the Top 10 shortlisted Young Fish Friers, who are all under 25, are:
- Courtney Thomson, Redcloak Fish Bar, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire
- Rebecca Brewer, Port & Starboard, St Columb, Cornwall
- Adam Hutton, The Wetherby Whaler, Wetherby, Yorkshire
- Alex Walker, Lows Traditional Fish & Chips, Aberdeen
- Jamie Russo, Caron Fish Bar, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire
- Stephen Holde, Packet Bridge Fish & Chips, Bolton Le Sands, Lancashire
- Jordan Profitt, Packet Bridge Fish & Chips, Bolton Le Sands, Lancashire
- Charlie Collins, Frydales, Syston, Leicester
- Magda Ganea, Papas Fish & Chips, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
- Tom Lawrie-Marshall, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey
The five finalists will be revealed later this month. The final stage of the competition is the mystery shop visit, set to take place in the coming weeks and they will also be judged on their practical skills within their own working environment.
The eventual winner of the Drywite Young Fish Frier of the Year Competition will be announced at The National Fish & Chip Awards’ 32nd anniversary ceremony in London on 23 January 2020.
For more information visit www.seafish.org/fish-chip-awards or follow the Awards on Twitter @FishnChipAwards #FishnChipAwards