The UK’s best Young Fish Friers have been revealed today with the announcement of the top five finalists in the Drywite Young Fish Frier of the Year Competition. The remaining candidates will now battle it out to claim this prestigious title, which is one of 14 categories in the 2020 National Fish & Chip Awards.
The Young Fish Frier of the Year award is coordinated by Drywite Ltd. Following several rounds of judging, the Top Five shortlisted finalists for this award are:
- Adam Hutton, The Wetherby Whaler, Whetherby, Yorkshire
- Alex Walker, Lows Traditional Fish & Chips, Westhill, Aberdeenshire
- Charlie Collins, Frydales, Leicester, Leicestershire
- Jordan Profitt, Packet Bridge Fish and Chips, Bolton Le Sands, Lancashire
- Stephen Holden, Packet Bridge Fish and Chips, Bolton Le Sands, Lancashire
In order to reach the final, the young friers first completed an intensive skills based assessment – which included chipping potatoes, making batter and frying fish. This was followed by a personal presentation and media interview during a comprehensive judging day at the headquarters of the National Federation of Fish Friers (NFFF) Training School in Leeds.
Good luck to the top five shortlisted finalists, a fantastic achievement!
To for more information visit: https://www.seafish.org/fish-chip-awards
Or follow us on twitter @FishNChipAwards
A selection of images (courtesy of the National Federation of Fish Friers) can be viewed and downloaded by visiting the following link: https://oc.seafish.co.uk/index.php/s/VNwr2PB96voMK80