Ingredients to make one flapjack
- 1000g Middleton Gluten Free Flapjack Mix
- 100g Water
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 1tsp Almond Extract
- 170g Seedless Strawberry Jam
- 40g Flaked Almonds White Chocolate (to drizzle)
- Select the beater attachment on the mixing machine
- Place the weighed out flapjack mix, ground almonds, almond extract and water in a mixing bowl and mix for 20-25 seconds on slow speed until the water is mixed in
- Place half the mix into a lined tin and spread, flatten mix in tin until level. Make sure fully pressed down otherwise flapjack will become crumbly.
- Spread over jam, not completely to edges as will spread out when cooking
- Spoon over the rest of the flapjack mix on top and press down flat. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes
- Bake in the centre of a pre-heated oven at 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
- Allow mix to cool before drizzling melted white chocolate